Thursday 16 August 2007

Alberto Seveso

I'm particularly interested in the Illustration / Photo juxtaposition, so I was rather amused when I stumbled across the stylish works of freelance designer Alberto Seveso, Rome, Italy.

It's good to see women being illustrated in a different way to those which we see on club flyers etc. The way in which the illustration isn't confined to the contour of the body, yet you still get the feeling of the figure being 3D and lifelike is interesting to look at.

He told Carpal Tunnel Magazine: 'My passion for graphics was born about fifteen years ago when I had an Amiga 1200 and Delux Paint that I loved so much. But I switched to PC when a friend showed me the potentials of photoshop. I was astonished when I understood the power of that software'.

His site is definately worth checking out and he has some other works which are a little more wacky, and if you like his stuff you can buy prints!

http://www.recycledarea.co.uk/index.php


3 comments:

LucyBown said...

This work definitely has something about it. Its particularly interesting to see that parts of the human form can be removed or distorted without the figure becoming unrecognisable or deemed less elegant.

James & Joe said...

I've seen these before they are stunning, so delicate..

Caleb said...

check out the illustrative work of Neil Deurden, it is really similar to this type of work

Architecture

  • Machu Picchu, PERU
  • Barcelona
  • Split Eye : www.spliteye.com
  • Burj, Dubai
  • Wellington Place, Leeds
  • Helios House (eco gas station)
  • http://www.skyscrapernews.com/news.php?ref=751 This is going to be Europes largest skyscraper... right in the heart of the financial district in Leeds. Impressive?

Inspiration & Admirable "things"

  • www.vitalise.org

Films

  • Amelie
  • Bourne Triology
  • City of God
  • Man on Fire
  • Moulin Rouge
  • Romeo & Juliet
  • Sin City